"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

May 30, 2007

random photo

John Travolta dancing with Princess Diana. Look, it almost seems like she's not even touching the floor. Which could be true, for all you know.

I loved her, and I know you did too :)


Of that evening -


It was at the White House in 1985 and President Reagan's wife Nancy came over to whisper: 'I have a request from the princess. It was always her big dream so would you dance with her?'Travolta plucked up courage and, as he took to the floor with 24-year-oldDiana, the other dancers left and the band played a medley of his movie songs.

He said: "We were alone with the world watching.

"She started to dance kind of strongly. So I gently pressed her hand down and put my other hand on her waist. It was to say 'let me lead because I know what I'm doing'. She got the message and we went to town."

"We had the time of our lives. When it was over she bowed to me and I to her."



[Thanks Kini, for the text]

3 Comments:

all or nothing said...

sigh... :-)

suraksha said...

amen. :)

Saturday Night Takeout said...

:)) hehe, you guys are such saps.