"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

December 08, 2006

Where art thou, Vishal?


Have you guys ever been to www.VishalPatel.com ? It's hilarious, and it's been up for a while. Go through all the articles there.

But that's not the point of this post. You see, I've died trying to contact this guy, trying to find out if he's alive, and so on, just so I can thank him for the laffs.

It's been over a year since I've tried (since July 2005, when I first posted about him)I've been very unsuccessful so far.

I first tried the email address on the site (mail@vishalpatel.com), but the mail bounced back immediately. Recently, I ran a whois search on his domain, and got some details. The phone number listed doesn't seem to be operational though, and the email id there bounced as well. Dammit.

So I have one last option. The postal address listed. Tomorrow morning, am posting a letter to him, and hoping that it reaches him, and he replies (am including my email address and phone number in it, just in case). I REALLY REALLY hope he responds. I just want to say thanks :S Wish me luck.

So you think I'm obsessed? You don't even want to know what I've been doing to find out where Malini Sharma has disappeared :P

PS- As a bonus, here's a list of ALL the taglines that keep showing up in the topleft corner of Vishal's page (everytime you refresh). Oh, the things I do for you :P

"messing with your head since 1693"
"don't try this at home"
"fortified with vitamins and iron"
"this tagline keeps changing"
"dammit sabu! that planet is not jupiter"
"ticketless travel is social evil"
"keptenn! keptenn! the wingons are wattacking!"
"it's not what you're thinking"
"jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz"
"the mirror also stares back"
"never shooting at any human or animal"
"twist his waist and he swings back with a power punch"
"whoever says, he is only"
"i'm not using my fingers to type this"
"angst in your pangst"
"weapons of mass-distraction"
"the first one's free"
"in pin safteypin, in pin... owch!"
"oh yes baby mmm that's nice"
"for smart, healthy hair & fresh, glowing skin"
"child in arm requires full ticket"
"cleanliness is next to godliness"
"made fom 100% ayurvedic herbs and roots"
"a perfect illusion"
"schrödinger killed the cat"
"all hail arch-groovy fancypants xxvii"
"quick, look behind you!"
"you too can have a body like mine"
"allow four to eight weeks for delivery"
"four legs good, two legs bad"
"second to the right, and straight on till morning"
"where the devil are my slippers??"
"meanwhile, back in metropolis..."
"it's been about an hour since an hour ago"
"it's the end of the world as we know it"
"gîl síla erin lû govaded mín"
"now with amazing x-ray vision!"
"to stop train pull chain"
"here comes the sun doo doo doo doo"
"by appointment to her majesty the queen"
"recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists"
"a low-calorie alternative to organised religion"
"uncertain electrons in probability clouds"
"keeps you feeling fresh all day long"
"dead ant, dead ant... dead ant, dead ant, dead ant"
"now in special vacuum-seal pack!"
"75% more effective than aromatherapy"
"it only seems kinky the first time"

4 Comments:

Mukund said...

I claim credit for leading you onto this site :p
But honestly, that place was REAL fun.

Indus Creep said...

hehe..hilarious. psychedelic champak was toooo much.

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Mukka, fine man, YOU led me to the site. Happy? Bloody management scum... ;)

CJ, go see the sparkly tasha files. Too much it is.

r)HaN said...

Hey Sunil,
Thanks for the widget.Added it to my blog :-).
..and just like that..
the cult of vishalpatel lives on...