"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

December 11, 2006

Blogger Beta wishlist

  1. Inline comments/ commenting straight from the comments subpage like Wordpress. Status - Currently not possible.
  2. Threaded comments like live journal. I've figured out how to do this with GoogleBase, but I still need the inline comments to work for that :( So status - Currently not possible.
  3. DeviantART Categories style version of the archives dropdown tree. Status- Possible, and working on it. Should be up by the weekend :) It's quite cool, if I should say so myself.
  4. Random header image. Status- Very easy, will include it when I include the third one as well.
  5. Peekaboo style navbar. Status- Very easy. Again, weekend.
  6. A sitemap for the blog. Not really important, and I can't see any actual usage for it, but it'd be nice to know I can :)
  7. Ability to add 'pages' instead of just posts. For example, an about page with my profile, a link page, etc etc. I think wordpress and textpattern let you do this. Again, not really difficult to implement, but it'd clutter up my page code. It'd be nice to know I could make separate pages instead.
  8. A giant black hole that draws people towards my blog, whether they want to or not :P

3 Comments:

byker7 said...

get a life.

get a woman. (not the inflatable kind.)

if nothing else, for god's sake, get a drink.

Saturday Night Takeout said...

:(

Rajat said...

You know what, I feel you should have gone ahead with that site idea. It gives you much more flexibility & allows for 'unhindered expression of creativity'. Instead of reinventing the wheel, you could have got down to some nice customization.