"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

November 25, 2006

today...

She told me "Sunil, you're not the person I remember you to be."

She sighed, looked at my skinhead cut, the goatee, the torn jeans and went on "Don't you remember what it was like a few years ago? You were so happy-go-lucky, enjoyed waking up to every new day, learning and reading and playing and all that. I remember you always talking about the future and looking forward to it, but now all you do is reminisce about the past and make long faces about 'things that could have been'. You were so much fun to be around at the time. You'd keep yourself clean, be decent, social, affable, and SO NICE. You'd show me cool magic tricks, talk about cartoons on tv, and godammit, you used to SMILE so much. Whatever happened to all that, huh? HUH?"

I scowled back and said "Mom, leave me alone, I'm sleepy."

5 Comments:

Chica said...

It's been so long.
:P
Happy.

sunayna said...

Pinguuuuuu!!!!

:P

Indelible Inc. said...

sunnu baab

Oskar Beeblebrox said...

u got spam!!!!! hahahhahahahahaha....*nothin much to say i guess*

Oskar Beeblebrox said...

btw his be Arnab ...