"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

October 08, 2006

My first meme

[stolen from mad_madrasi, just because I liked it]

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
That I really need more facial hair. I'd like to look a little more rugged.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
1.4 grand. Withdrew money for clubbing last night, till someone decided to be a sourpuss and totally made us ditch the plan. Hmph.

3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR?
More.

4. Favorite planet?
(fictional allowed, I hope) k-pax. I want to see the movie again. They seem to be on hallucinogens the whole time.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
I_. I think she'd called because she figured the whole world was a little messed up and she needed some sanity. Yes, I recognize the irony.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
Tring Tring Tring FUCK! Tring. Ok, it's not on mine, but I really really want it after I heard it somewhere.

7. What shirt are you wearing?
Half sleeves, buttons, dark blue pinstripes on white. Westside. My most formal one.

8. Do you label yourself?
Yeah. I'm Ludolphian. *chuckle*

9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing?
Reebok canvases. Urban casualwear, or so I'm told. They go well with everything.

10. Bright or Dark Room?
Um, dark, I think. Great for drinking, music, and nostalgia.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
mad_madrasi's kinda nice. Just started reading her. She seems normal, and therein lies the beauty, I think.

12. What does your watch look like?
No watches. Can't stand them. Also am superstitious about them.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Mugging the prototype library reference. ("ELL!")

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
'Dude, I really didn't mean to be condescending. Apologies if my qn sounded rude. I need to lighten the eff up.'

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
Foodworld's an equivalent in India, yes? About 2 kms. There;s a shopping mall right next door though.
[sudden urge to go geek out on the xbox demo there]

16. What's a word that you say a lot?
'Hilarious'.

17.Who told you he/she loved you last?
Dad.

18. Last furry thing you touched?
The leftover biryani in the fridge. Yuck.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
One glass of rum, lots of tobacco, and one paracetomol.

20. How many rolls of toilet paper do you currently have in the house?
Zilch. Mug bucket, yo.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
Seven. It was fun knowing nothing about the world.

22. Your worst enemy?
The fear of lung cancer. Or cirrohsis. heh.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
Pencils down, a photo that I took.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"I give up".

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
The money. Can then take a long break and jumpstart the writing career (if there is one to be made, atleast).

26. Do you like someone?
... I'm not sure. I think I might want to be with her, but that could just be desperation talking. As of now I only want pants to jump :P

27. The last song you listened to?
Gravedigger- Dave Matthews

28. What time of day were you born?
I think around 4:30 am.

29. What's your favorite number?
142857.

30. Where did you live in 1987?
Sogath, Iran. Dad was practising there at the time.

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Nobody anymore. It's easy to pick flaws when you're around them for short periods of time. They stop being envy-worthy after that.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Can't say. I think my flaws are obvious from a mile away anyway :)

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
Home. Saw the second flight hit in realtime. I think I said 'fuck!' in front of mom for the first time then.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Cuss. Loudly. Especially the magazine dispensing machine in airports.

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
Not exceptionally. Kind is overrated, no?

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Back of the right shoulder. This image, maybe.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Esperanto. Would be fun, I think.

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yeah. Wait, am I getting to jump her pants? Just asking.

39. Are you touchy feely?
Not at all.

40. What's your life motto?
Deconstruct, Analyze, Obfuscate, Present.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
Credit cards, my phone, emergency cigarette.

42. What's your favorite town/city?
Aye, Tokanui in New Zealand. I REALLY want to go back some day. Sheep 'loll' on hills there.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Pack of smokes. Forgot matches. Dammit.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
I've never written a letter that was posted.
(Um, faintly remember writing one to pinky and Sweety when I was 14, I think.)

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Nope.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
That she's happy in Bangalore, busy with work, and sometimes thinks fondly of me.

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
2 generations. Skip a lot of notches in the middle, and you'll land up with a bunch of potbellied old guys in Goa flashing their privates to passing ships. Disturbing.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Sweety's wedding a couple of weeks back. Black sherwani, clean shaven. And YET I managed to get an aunt to ask me why I wasn't wearing traditional mojdi, or some such shit.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Right knee. I have a bruise there too, can't remember how it got there. Probably while crossing the road or something.

50. Have you been burned by love?
No. Does this make me less special?

8 Comments:

azhar said...

really nice.

Kini said...

Jobless fuck.

But yeah, like azhar said... really nice :)

P.S: Too much pant jumping talk, let the right hand take care of business. For now.

Jeevan said...

Gandu, jobless, c-singh. Thinking of doing it myself.

Jeevan said...

K-Pax - I love it, saw it only last week.

boredom killer said...

me like, therefore this:

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
I should start combing my hair now.

2. How much cash do you have on you?
20 bucks. Anyone interested in buying me some fuel?

3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR?
Kamzoor.

4. Favorite planet?
The one in a galaxy far, far away....

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
I'm assuming it was some bank.

6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
The normal, boring Trin-Trin

7. What shirt are you wearing?
Wearing a W white kurta.

8. Do you label yourself?
Um...no.

9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing?
Converse slippers.

10. Bright or Dark Room?
Dark room. One for the inane childhood game with the same name.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
I dont.... hehehehehehehe....

12. What does your watch look like?
Anti-watch brigade starts here.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Chatting with someone. Drinking diet coke. Smoking a cig.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
"Muah! Sorry had no signal. On the road. Missed you so much."
*sigh*
hehe

15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
huh?

16. What's a word that you say a lot?
Ass and tatti.

17.Who told you he/she loved you last?
M_

18. Last furry thing you touched?
Sheriff- Div's adorable lab...

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
Crocin and such.

20. How many rolls of toilet paper do you currently have in the house?
4... one in the loo, the rest waiting to be put to use soon.

21. Favorite age you have been so far?
1. Dont remember much. I'm sure i was happy then. Ignorance is bliss.

22. Your worst enemy?
Looking for my nemesis.

23. What is your current desktop picture?
Room with a view. A pic I took in Leh.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
"See ya on Sid's wedding."

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
The money. With that I'll buy me one personal plane and then learn to fly... hehehe... Loopholes, love 'em.

26. Do you like someone?
Yes. And i miss him too...
[Awww, so sweet, no?]

27. The last song you listened to?
Trust - Megadeth

28. What time of day were you born?
I'm told it was 7 minutes to 10am...

29. What's your favorite number?
3

30. Where did you live in 1987?
D-44/6, East of Kailash, New Delhi... I miss it :(

31. Are you jealous of anyone?
Not really.

32. Is anyone jealous of you?
Sure.

33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
In office. Calling all my friends who work in Manhattan.

34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Never really used 'em. And when i have, ive got what i wanted... hehe... add you to the list of people who are jealous of me?

35. Do you consider yourself kind?
hahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahaha

er, i mean, what kind?

36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
Three stars on the waist.

37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Martian. Think i already know some. Maybe not, but I'd like to believe i do :P

38. Would you move for the person you loved?
Totally.

39. Are you touchy feely?
Hmmm... sometimes.

40. What's your life motto?
Keep life simple - laugh at every given opportunity.

41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
My phone, cigs and rings.

42. What's your favorite town/city?
Manali.

43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
My airtel bill.

44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
A week back. Postcard to postsecret.

45. Can you change the oil on a car?
Yep.

46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
He died in a car accident. RIP

47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
3 generations. From Lahore, settled now in Delhi, Mumbai, London, Himachal Pradesh.

48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
Dressed up like Wonder Woman. Wore it because otherwise the bad guy wouldnt know who to be scared off.

49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Back.

50. Have you been burned by love?
Yes. Bygones.

Pi said...

Hey thanks, you guys.

aiyooo sweeetiieee said...

man you do have too much time on your hands! disturbing!!! but i do remember the first woman you talked to me about...and my friend will vouch for this - mr pi spent the whole night drawing her eyes on every scrap of paper he could find and kept singing some weird lovey dovey boy band-ish song...yes there are tons of times that i wish i had a camera with me growing up with this weirdo!

Pi said...

... Ok, there really has to be something called brother-sister confidentiality, dammit.

Idiot sweety :P