"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

September 26, 2006

"How sweet"

Chica writes:

Oh I have to tell you.
Funny.
Remember the little white boy I was telling you about?
Well yesterday I'm entering the building, I'm on the phone and I see him. So I indicated a hello to him and carry on to the appartment.
About ten minutes later, the doorbell rings. I'm in the bathroom and I think it can't possibly be for me so I don't really bother. But the ringing continues. So I go to the door and say , 'What?'
The boy says, 'It's me aunty'. [probably thinking it's Sneha]
Anyway I get the key, open the door and say,'What?'
So he says, 'Are you alone?' I say 'Yeah'.
Then he says that he wants to tell me something, but I'll get angry. Now here I am edging away because I think he's either going to throw something at me or hit me and run or something. He notices and says, 'No, no. I'm not going to do anything' and moves back a step.
Then he continues that I might get really angry if he says what he wants to and I say, 'Well, it depends on what you're going to say'.
So he comes out with it and says,'I fell in love with you'.
So I go 'Ha ha' [mirthlessly] and then say 'How sweet'. [because it's expected]
And then he says, 'You're not angry?'
I say, 'No'.
And then he wasn't saying anything at all.
So I said, 'Ok, now go'.
And he goes.

There's more but maybe some other time.


I get the best letters ever :)

0 Comments: