"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

June 20, 2006

A Scanner Darkly... w00t!

I am waiting for A Scanner Darkly to release on July 6. (Wikipedia link, since that's the flavour of the season) As a matter of fact, that is the only movie since the matrix:revolutions that I've ever wanted so badly to see; that I've actually looked forward to a movie being released.

Why A Scanner Darkly?

  • Philip K Dick, one of my all time favourite writers wrote the book it's based on. You know how all prolific writers have atleast one treatise on drugs? (Huxley had the doors, HST had fear and loathing, Hubert Selby had requiem, etc, etc) Well, this one is his!
  • Richard Linklater, who's already professed his love for PKD is directing.
  • Keanu Reeves is redoing a Johnny mnemonic (which I loved), and the rest of the cast is crazy too.
  • Linklater is rotoscoping the whole movie, JUST LIKE WAKING LIFE!!! (If some of you don't know how much I loved that movie and the art style, well, then you just don't know anything about me at all. Just consider samples of the artwork I keep putting up for a reference)
[Glee, Happy happy joy joy]

-Wired article about ASD
. - A fascinating account of all the troubles that plagued the production. After all that, man, it better be good!
- The IMDB link.
- A screenplay Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) had written for ASD in '97 (pdf).

7 Comments:

creepo said...

THIS DEPTH OF YOURS LEAVES ALL SHALLOWNESS BEHIND

Pi said...

These capitals of your leave my ears hurting :D

Venu said...

The wired article was interesting. Did you watch the trailer?: http://www.apple.com/trailers/warner_independent_pictures/ascannerdarkly/

Pi said...

Nope. It's a thing I have, not watching trailers of movies that I'm dying to watch. The matrix, batman begins, sin city... I'd like to have a totally unbiased opinion of the movie before I watch it. Thanks for the link though. I might just watch it and refuse to acknowledge that I did :)

We-still-"jay"-eth-but-not-so-much-anymore-doesn't-this-field-have-a-limit-? said...

Hey weren't you the one complaining about people putting up wiki links to every thing on their blog ?
And also, got rid of TI, will be getting the new airtel connection hopefully on saturday.

Pi said...

Oh super! I assume the piracy will go up a notch now!


Snigger.

We-hate said...

<@:@P
(dunce with curly hair and big nose showing incredibly large tongue)