"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

February 24, 2006

MusicForDummies

My absolute new favourite - www.pandora.com. Simple concept, but with amazing results. You start off by suggesting one song that you like, and what pandora does is find music that sounds similar/ same-type qualities. Read more about their fundae here.

This seems to be moderated gratis (since they don't play direct requests), but definitely libre. I love it, and I'm sure you guys will too (Citrus, are you listening?) Make sure you have a decent net connection.

Why'd they name it Pandora?

6 Comments:

Universe biting me in the butt again said...

Three types of stupid internet and no speakers.

K

The pirates are here said...

Only thing I don't like, they get nosy and ask for e-mail id and other private details I don't want to reveal, the second time you sign in from the same computer.
Jerks.

Pi said...

You can use a throwaway id (which actually you should for stuff like this). And I used the Maine pincode :)

The pirates are here said...

Yeah, but they're tracking my computer, and they're telling me they are, and I don't like that.

The pirates are here said...

Yeah but the thing is, they're tracking my computer, and they're telling me they're tracking my computer, and I don't like that.

Pi said...

You could proxy it if you want. Try daveproxy.co.uk, though I'm not sure what the speed will be like then.