"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

February 24, 2006

Man, those chinese sure have a warped sense of how the world works

Quite simply, it's a BBC news review of how China's banning cartoons that blend live-action actors with animation. Truly bizarre. These include teletubbies, and I'm guessing shows like Blue's Clues. Really, I don't think I can describe it better than the article does.

Here's the link.


PS:I'm wondering two things -

1. You think there's a room with a bunch of Chinese beureaucrats sitting round a table thinking "Ok, whom do we piss off today?"

2. I think I now see why Guns n' Roses new album is being delayed for so long. It's called "Chinese democracy", for gods sake. Pipe dreams.

5 Comments:

Venu said...

Check this

Then check this

Pi said...

Brilliant comparison. I've been following this argument on Boing boing, but this comparison says a lot now, don't it? Nice job, Venu. Kudos, all that.

Venu said...

Actually I found this sometime back on some blog; I cant remember which now.

I dont read boing boing much; its far too eclectic and high-volume for me.

The pirates are here said...

In another brilliant humanitarian stroke, the Chinese Government has banned Brokeback mountain, a few days after Ang Lee (who incidentally, hails from 'friendly' neighbour Taiwan) told the world that Asia is more open-minded than the rest of the world about back-door-entry phenomena.

I bet they (the Chinese Government, of course) are still laughing.

Pi said...

Lol. I'm sure they are.