"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

January 23, 2006

If I ever did elope with you...

...it would be a life of subdued adventure. We'd wake up to the sounds of a million sea birds twittering in the mango trees. Our 2BHK would be home to the sounds of Floyd, Vai, Satch, Morrisette, and hundreds of other voices that would reverberate off the walls, eclipsed only by the silence that would overtake it with the blackness of the night. This house on the backwaters of an unknown village in Kerala is connected by one lazy road that's surrounded by the greenest trees in the world. Paradise that welcomes all, yet invites none.

Do you like homemade food? I hope so. We both know I'm lazy, but not when it comes to the kitchen. Lunch would be a menagerie of spices and fresh vegetables, all carefully cleaned and marinated with herbs from the garden I'm planning on having on the roof. The salad would be hand-tossed, and I'll even make sure you develop a taste for lettuce :) And I sure hope you like chocolate mousse. Then again, I've always wondered if you'd like Goan style pancakes, drenched in chocolate sauce; you can always ask for seconds. Then there's a special AuGratin that I've dreamed of baking for ages now. And on and on and on.

And then we'd make love.

Have you ever had coconut wine? It's got a heady aroma that brings back memories of walking through orchards in the middle of summer; an intoxicating aroma that makes you hesitate before swallowing, in the fear that once you step in, it'll be impossibe to climb back out. And the drunken stupor that can follow after a LOT of it is ingested can only be compared, in my opinion, to a thousand nights of raucous laughter. Combine that with the vision of low shaded lighting across the ceiling and conversation that should last a few hours, yeah, you'll find that the rest of the world is not worth tuppence after that.

You're so beautiful, any sacrifice would be worth it, just to have you to hold, to find your hand across my chest in the middle of the night.

There're these mountains a couple of miles away from the house, where you can stay for days on end without bumping into another living soul. And we'd camp there under the canvas of a million stars, tiny spotlights that're the only witness to our escapade. And I'd read aloud to you, every night, chapters from DiscWorld, Wuthering Heights, CatcherInTheRye, more from Keats, Poe, Saki (but not Rowling. Please not Rowling.)Have you read Kundera? He says "We can never know what to want, because, living only one life, we can neither compare it with our previous lives nor perfect it in our lives to come." So let's make the best of it while we're at it. We'd watch movies up there, on a laptop that's quickly losing charge, movies like GreatExpectations, SimplyIrresistable and HomeDelivery(!). Yeah, the battery died. So what?

And the night passes on thus.

As will the days.

You think this will last a while? Because then we could grow old together, and watch the manadatory sunsets every day till we're ohsobored of them. After I've put together a little money, we'd travel the world for a while, maybe check out if there exists the legendary "The Beach" in Thailand. Walk down the Santa Monica boulevard, and ride the rollercoaster (ugh) at Disneyland. Scuba diving at the coral reef, you game? I've always been curious about the Louvre too. Maybe we can go there and act like pseudo intellectuals, spouting fake French and going "aaah..." at every random splotch of 'famous' art.

[Remains incomplete. Refuses to finish.]


Yours,
Pi.

---------------------------------

Aaaaaaaaaaargh. I hate HATE HATE die-muthafucka-die HATE my Mondays!!!

A major blog overhaul is on the cards. Just waiting for a clean install of PhotoShop, and putting some last minute touches into a new template. Also hajaar busy with office work, an article for the Saarang PR, and something for the sister too.

12 Comments:

Kini said...

"Daydream delusion
Limousine Eyelash
Oh, baby with your pretty face
Drop a tear in my wineglass
Look at those big eyes
See what you mean to me
Sweet cakes and MILKSHAKES (laughs)
I am a delusion angel
I am a fantasy parade
I want you to know what I think
Don't want you to guess anymore
You have no idea where I came from
We have no idea where we're going
Launched in life
Like branches in the river
Flowing downstream
Caught in the current
I'll carry you. You'll carry me
That's how it could be
Don't you know me (poet hands poem back)
Don't you know me by now"

- Before Sunrise


The post reminded me a lot of that poem. Specifically that poem, I have no idea why! I'm not even gonna bother with the usual complimentary adjectives. You know how good it is. *Smiles*

Pi, a romantic. Who'dve thought it eh? You practically sound like me in a soppy mood. Tsk tsk. Loved it matey. Keep 'em coming.

P.S: Mail that saarang article when ya can. The PR guys can get pretty annoying!

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Thank you.

Finch, Scout said...

Left me with a wistful smile.
Thanks, for reminding me to dream.

additions, maybe?

lick chocolate syrup off her nape.
smell her hair.

entangle your fingers in hers,
listen to her silence.
walk together.
giggle.
trace your fingerprints with her eyelashes.
disappear in her smile.

play hopscotch. maybe marbles.
tickle her. pamper her.
make her jealous.

show her this side,
and she's yours.

:-)
beautiful one.

all or nothing said...

alright. but why not Rowling??
*littal hurt*
but i guess it doesn't go with the soppy, mushy things going on around

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Finch, AON... Get a room already.

all or nothing said...

WHAT???
er....it's pretty obvious, but for the record- i didn't get it

Saturday Night Takeout said...

I made a gaffer. I'm sorry. I, er, made a mixup. Let's not go there.

Shouldn't you be at Saarang?

All or Nothing said...

Yeah, both of us are girls. And straight.
Saarang...
Do you think I didn't want to? Better people have gone. So I'm just sitting here reading your article abt what's happening and feeling....i don't know...

all or nothing said...

Just read it all over again.
If you ever read this...
Marry me =D

Saturday Night Takeout said...

Come, let's :)

Gutterflower said...

Marry me too. =)

Gutterflower said...

btw i had forgotten how much I loved the Before Sunrise thing too. Milkshakes. =)