"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

August 09, 2005

Rags to NikeRipoffs

Considering that this is a momentous occasion in my life, I believe that I'm 'expected' to write a blog on it. However, truth be said, I'm not certain I know what the bejeesus to say. So we'll start with the basics and work our way up. This unfortunately means I can't throw any surprise twists in the end, atleast 2 'hohums' will popup and that you'll remember some urgent work you had and leave me, when in reality all you want to do is go stare at your own bellybutton fluff wondering how it accumulates there.

Har. The word 'bellybutton' always cracks me up.

Anyway, the deal's this. I just got salary-ed.

On cue now, 1... 2... 3... Weehoo! Congrats! Fabulous! Party! No, none of that? Atleast a nice pat on the back? [Thunk] Ouch. Ok, guess I deserved that. Better than a GPL, surely. C'mon, the least you can do is act like my friend and expect me to spend some on you! No, not even that? Ah, suckers. Who needs your fake love anyway? Mutter mutter...

So now I've got money to spend. I will never again have to ask anybody else for cash again [Hopefully. Really really really hope so] And the gifts (read: family handouts) are already piling up. First there's Ajji who's making me make an offering to God to whom I should be thankful to and all that (Sheesh. What would God do with my money?) Then 'butofcourse' I've got to buy 'gifts' for the folks, and then there's the loan on the laptop that I've got to clear, and the treats promised to buddies, and the gift I'd promised V_ a long, long time ago, and I owe some cash to buddies I'd borrowed from back in college and...

Suddenly, I'm not feeling so great about the money anymore :(
After all the above is done, I'm left with nothing to spend on myself. Bawl!

Sniff. Damn this software engineering nonsense. Somebody pass me a beer. And yeah, I'll pay you for it next month; once the salary comes in.

0 Comments: