"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

August 07, 2005

It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the Emperor has no clothes.
But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the Emperor remains an Emperor.

Neil Gaiman



Maybe I'll adopt the Sandman series as my own holy book(s) (yeah, definitely easier to read). And everytime I read it, I seem to find a quote that's quite apt with something going on in my life, and how to deal with it. Like how NG, when asked to describe the whole series in one line, replies- "The Lord of Dreams learns that one must change or die, and makes his decision." That's a 'Hmmm' moment for you right there.

Must I change or die? Neither. Not yet, atleast.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Weekly log:

Reading- The "Dune" series by Frank Herbert. Have also been promised the 'movie beyond your imagination' adaptation of the book. These Hugo/Nebula winners haven't disappointed yet.
Listening- Assorted Emo-Rock, thanks to the cousin's iPod. Not bad. Also "In loving memory"- Alter Bridge a million times. I crack up like mad everytime the vocalist, during "shed my skin", sounds like Marc Anthony in "You sang to me". Which happens a lot, the poor guy :) (When you saaang to meeee... whnusng2me) Ok, irrelevant info, sorry.
Watching- SinCity, for the gazillionth time. An attempt to pick up JackieBoy's accent.
Photographing- a Black'n'White series of people around the colony. And a confused cow that runs away now everytime I approach it.
Wishlist addition- The complete Farside, after Beatzo's review. Yes, I read the comments there :p
Looking forward to- buying a vehicle. A car or a bike... any suggestions?
Cooking- Pudina Chicken on Saturday. Finger-lickin' Olle!
Thinking of- Getting out of the job. But will wait a little longer for that.


Mememememe... ego explodes. Hell, if I don't, who will?

0 Comments: