"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

June 17, 2005

Who am I if not a who? Part II - A response to AA.

I am a new desire, everytime I open my mouth.
I am life that bursts forth from nothingness when words are spoken in response, or that which awaits it.
I am the terrible curse that plagues the curious mind.
I am safety against attack, yet shielded against the love that it could deserve.
I am want that is still hope, the need that is almost desire.
I am nobody, but yet everybody, and in this cycle I still choose not to be somebody you know.
I am interpretation that precedes reputation, love that forbids reciprocation, and hate that defends individuality.
I am anonymity. And I bring you many gifts.

4 Comments:

The Agony Aunt said...

applauding the anonymous!

DonWanObeKanobe said...

I am nobody, but yet everybody, and in this cycle I still choose not to be somebody you know.

Awesome, dude.

~ Hil

Mukka said...

'I am nobody, but yet everybody, and in this cycle I still choose not to be somebody you know.'

-shades of The Gita there, though I know it must have been hardly on your mind when you thought about it.

Dude, post. I'm waiting.

Saturday Night Takeout said...

I've not read the Gita. I only pretend to have.