"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

June 10, 2005

A 'proper' song

Oh my baby, and that doesn't mean I want to make one,
I want to hold you so close, as long you smell ok,
And give you part of my life,
the part that spells l-i-e, Can't you see,
that you're the only one meant for me, because no one else wants me,
C'mon, c'mon, uh, yeah, because waiting really sucks,
you've been on my mind all day long,
because you've been nagging me to write this song,
ooh, all... day... long...
And when you're gone, i'll find other things to do,
but i'll still want to be near you,
because you're the best thing that's ever happened,
and because you pay the bills.

Be mine, girl,
Forever, or until this booze wears off.

(Fades away with guitar solo)

5 Comments:

citrus said...

hilarious

Saturday Night Takeout said...

thank you. it's a song that speaks the truth, eh?

citrus said...

I don't know whether to give you 1000 points for humour or -2000 for honesty.

Saturday Night Takeout said...

hey, watch it! I'm not that kind of a guy. I always pay the bills.

And the smell isn't me. It's the residue of a 4 year engineering course.

Finch said...

this explains why you're single :P

citrus should give you the negative for honesty