"'Truth is strange," you know, "stranger than fiction' - besides being more to the point" - Edgar Allan Poe

February 15, 2005

What would you say?

My name is Bob. I am Pi's pet lizard. He pisses me off a lot. Keeps talking to himself. This offends me; what better listener than one who can't reply?

My name is M_. I did lunch with Pi on Vday. What a great listener he is. And he buys flowers! Why hasn't he called back?

My name's K_. Yeah, Pi, he's entertaining. Wonder who the hell he is?

My name is Prof xyz. Pi pisses me off a lot. I don't understand why he's not like the others in class. Shouldn't he be more submissive?

My name is Z. I'm Pi's friend. He doesn't think of me that way though. Doesn't he want to be helped by other people?

My name is S_. I want to be like Pi. Pi says that's a bad path to walk down, but can I help it if I think it's cool?

We are [groupname]. Pi hangs around us, but never tries to BE one of us. Why be an individual in a world driven by acceptance? Such a loser. We think he does "s*it activities", therefore he must.

My name is M_. Yeah, I know Pi. Nice chap. We talk a lot.

My name is Db_. I'm not sure.

I am Dr. P_. Pi's my son. I wish I could understand him, but I can't. Why doesn't he love us more? Or is it just that we can't see it?

My name is T_. I like Pi. I tell him so. He gets all chatty and funny, then hits an aloof plane. I wish I understood him more.

My name is R_. I'm in charge. Pi? Inconsequential. Though I'm jealous he's getting the attention.

My name is Pi. I still have a lot to learn about people.




"Strangers passing in the street
By chance two separate glances meet
And I am you and what I see is me
And do I take you by the hand
And lead you through the land
And help me understand the best I can"

- Pink Floyd, Echoes

1 Comment:

citrus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.